To update your Windows hosts file:
- Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click on it and click on Run as Administrator).
- Use Notepad to open the following Windows file: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Add the following line to your hosts file:
<IP Address> domain.tld www.domain.tld
Where domain.tld is your domain name and <IP Address> Is the IP address you've been asked to point it at.
- Save the hosts file in Notepad.
- Open a Command Prompt as Administrator and run the following: ipconfig/flushdns